*Looks like Jonathan Majors might be catching a break in his assault case. Keep in mind the keyword is MIGHT. Anyway, the actor’s legal rep claims she has info regarding the assault claims against her client. We’re talking texts from the alleged victim that admits she’s to blame and says she doesn’t want the actor prosecuted.
Priya Chaudhry, Majors’ lawyer, says the woman in question, said to be Majors’ girlfriend sent several texts to the actor hours after his arrest last weekend, “admitting that she was the one who used physical force against him.”
In the texts, supposedly from the victim, she says how angry she was that Majors had been handcuffed and she adds that she “Will make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone.”
The text exchange continued a few hours later, with the woman reiterating that she was pushing hard to make sure the D.A. doesn’t charge Jonathan for the incident.
Interestingly, and what’s also important, is that the victim, a Caucasian woman, by the way, does not – at least in the texts – verbalize that Jonathan Majors never strangled her.
Meanwhile, Chaudhry says she has turned the texts over to law enforcement.
As we reported, Majors was arrested for misdemeanor assault, aggravated harassment, attempted assault, and harassment … after the woman allegedly saw another woman texting him and tried to sneak a peek at his phone.
Chaudhry told TMZ last Sunday she was already working hard to gather evidence disproving the claims, which seems to include these texts. The attorney also believes there is video footage from inside the vehicle where the alleged incident went down that will clear Majors.
By the way, the Manhattan DA’s office, which is super busy and engulfed with the Donald Trump/Story Daniels hush-money case, has so far not commented on the Majors’ situation.